- Academic Events
Workshop on Intelligent User Interfaces in Healthcare
The workshop as part of the HCI International 2023, a top academic conference on human computer interaction, focuses on different intelligent user interfaces with the main goal of improving human-computer interaction with help of technologies.
Due to the response to the pandemic, many healthcare units worldwide are moving to virtual care. With such change, many people risk being excluded, like older people, people with low vision or hearing, etc. This workshop aims to discuss different intelligent user interfaces with the main goal of improving human-computer interaction with the help of technologies such as natural language processing, affective computing, and artificial intelligence. Examples include intelligent telemedicine and telehealth. This can also have interfaces like wearables, voice assistants, and chatbots for virtual care. Other examples include dealing with health issues like stress, behavior changes, depression, etc.
This workshop aims to provide a forum for AI experts, NLP experts, user interface experts, researchers, and industrial practitioners to discuss and exchange the potentials, applications, and lessons learned from user interfaces, natural language processing, and machine learning. Some of the direct applications include remote communication, interaction, and intervention. The workshop programme will be included as part of the HCI International 2023 programme.More information
- Design and development of adaptive multimodal user interfaces
- Intelligent voice and chatbot interfaces for health
- Virtual reality VR, augmented reality and XR interfaces
- Wearable devices for supporting affective computing, ambient assisted living, and e-health application
- Agent-based interface to support virtual healthcare
- Affective Computing
- Tailored medicine, tailored health, and tailored habilitation
- Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI) for Ambient Assisted Living (AAL) to support elderly and impaired users