The scholarship is for students from Baden-Wuerttemberg who spend a semester abroad as well as for students from abroad who want to spend a semester at a university of Baden-Wuerttemberg.
Nowadays, international experience, language skills and understanding of other cultures are more important for school, studies and career than ever before. The Baden-Württemberg-Stipendium enables qualified young people to take part in a placement abroad and so to broaden their personal horizons. Because for every scholarship holder from Baden-Württemberg, a scholarship holder from abroad comes to the south-west of Germany. The principles of reciprocity and exchange guide this scholarship at it's core.
You can apply for an outgoing scholarship if you have successfully applied in your faculty for a study abroad semester at one of our non-European partner universities. The minimum duration of your stay is 3 months.
The amount of the scholarships is:
- Outgoings: Min. € 600 per month
- Incoming: Min. € 700 per month
For the application you have to upload the following documents in the Portal of the Baden-Württemberg-foundation. You have to upload the following documents:
- Application form (available in in the BWS portal)
- Enrolment certificate
- Motivation letter für the selection of your partner university in English or German (max. 2 pages)
- Actual Transcript of Records
- Language certificates, if obligatory for your study abroad
- Transcript of your first degree (if applicable)
- Other certificates (e.g. certificate for voluntary work, social engagement etc.)
There is no legal claim to this scholarship.