How is computer science applied in business and research? Enhance your knowledge and, after graduation, embark on a career with the employer of your choice or pursue a doctorate.
Your course content What you will learn
To be able to apply computer science in business and research, you need to possess sound and up-to-date knowledge that goes beyond your undergraduate degree. In our Master’s programme in Applied Computer Science, we’ll teach you this knowledge and the skills needed to pursue your professional career – at a high level and with a practical focus. This qualification will enable you to start your professional career as full-stack-developer or IT-consultant in industry or administration. Or you can study for a PHD in computer science.
Your career prospects Our innovative approach that pays off
Having a Master of Science degree in “Applied Computer Science” and a qualification on all layers of full-stack-development including your individual profile will give you best chance on an exciting and well-paid job in software and IT-industry. Graduates from previous years now work for large companies such as ABB, Airbus and Accenture, and for Adidas, Audi, Bosch, BMW, BASF, Deloitte, Deutsche Börse, DKFZ, Triumph, PWC, SAP and Verivox, as well as for successful SMEs. Our programme will also qualify you for a position in the public sector, for work in research, and for a doctorate.
Curriculum Applied Computer Science (M.Sc.) Your curriculum
International Project Management8
Software Development Practice8
Specialisation Block 18
Software Architecture and Development8
Advanced Computer Science8
Specialisation Block 28
Current Topics in Computer Science4
Specialisation Block 38
Elective Module: Research Project or Internship14
Master’s Thesis Seminar4
Impressions Insights into the study programme
Admission requirements Our requirements
- An internationally recognised Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS) in Computer Science or in the subjects “Virtual Realities”, “Applied Computer Science”, “Information Management”, IT, Software Development or a comparable degree.
- A good knowledge of object-oriented programming languages (Java/C++/Python, etc.) and databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc.)
- English language proficiency: IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 80 (SRH TOEFL code: 7712), Duolingo Certificate 120, PTE Academic 58, or a comparable performance
Fees and Funding Your tuition fees
750 EUR per month full-time + one-time registration fee of 750 EUR (Prices apply only to students from the European Economic Area).
Applicants from Non-EEA countries without permanent residence permit need to pay a tuition fee of 6,450 EUR per semester + one-time registration fee of 1,000 EUR and must pay the tuition fees for one semester in advance. From the second semester onwards the payments for the remaining semesters of study are due six weeks before the end of the period of study already paid for. The payments have to be done semesterwise.
Apply now Application process and deadlines
- If you’re interested in our Master’s programme, simply send us your application online.
- If you encounter technical difficulties with the online application or have any questions about your application, Simin Chen will be happy to help you.
- If you meet all the requirements, we’ll send you the acceptance letter and the study contract.
- You then sign the study contract and return it to us (applies only to applicants from Germany and the EU).
- You pay the registration fee (applicable to all students) and, in some cases, one semester’s advance payment (applies only to students from non-EU/EEA countries).
- We then issue your final letter of acceptance.
- You take part in our Welcome Days – and then embark on your degree programme!
Please note that special conditions apply to applicants from some countries:
From 1st of November 2022, applicants from India will be required to have their documents verified by the Academic Evaluation Centre New Delhi (APS-India) before applying for a visa. After successful verification you will receive a certificate which allows you to initiate the visa process. Please note that the verification process at APS-India is expected to take approximately 4 weeks. We recommend that you apply for the APS certificate at the same time as you apply to SRH University Heidelberg. For more information, go to the APS-India website: www.aps-india.de
The People’s Republic of China
The procedure of the Academic Evaluation Centre of the Cultural Section at the German Embassy in Bejing (Akademische Prüfstelle – APS) must have been successfully completed before you apply. The centre checks documents for authenticity and conducts interviews. The original APS certificate must be enclosed with the application documents. For more information, go to the APS website at: www.aps.org.cn.
Please note that you don’t need to complete the APS procedure if you apply for our 3+1 programmes.
The Academic Evaluation Centre of the German Embassy in Hanoi has been checking the university entrance qualifications of Vietnamese applicants since 2007. The procedure includes checking the submitted written documents as well as an interview with the applicant. An original copy of proof of successful completion of this process, the APS certificate, must be enclosed with the application documents.