Cutting-edge specialisation in the areas of Embedded Security, Robotics, Image Processing, Real-Time Programming, Transmission Technology, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain Technology.
Your course content What you will learn
The content is taught in input sessions, which are then practiced and applied within the learning sessions. Students are given subject-related homework tasks on a weekly basis. Students must complete a certain number of these tasks (academic performance), which helps them to self-assess their learning progress and to prepare for their examinations.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to design and program appropriate software to solve a specific problem in the area of IT and deal with the content taught in the different modules.
Your career prospects Our innovative approach that pays off
Research, develop and shape the future!
Cutting-edge specialisation in the areas of Embedded Security, Communication Networks, Robotics, Image Processing, Real-Time Programming, Information and Coding Theory, and Transmission Technology is offered in this study programme. The increasingly rapid development of high-performance technology and ongoing global automation are creating unexpected opportunities – both technically and job-wise. Join the exploration of this field and design our future!
Curriculum Information Technology (M.Eng.) Your curriculum
Information and Coding Theory8
DSP in Image Processing8
Your lecturers We help you achieve your goals
Admission requirements Our requirements
Requirements for admission to the Master‘s programme:
- A degree in the field of electrical engineering, information technology, communication technology or a comparable subject
- English language proficiency IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 80 / Duolingo Certificate 120 / PTE Academics 58 or a comparable test
Fees and Funding Your tuition fees
770 EUR per month full-time + one-time registration fee of 750 EUR (Prices apply only to students from the European Economic Area).
Applicants from Non-EEA countries without permanent residence permit need to pay a tuition fee of 6,450 EUR per semester + one-time registration fee of 1,000 EUR and must pay the tuition fees for one semester in advance. From the second semester onwards the payments for the remaining semesters of study are due six weeks before the end of the period of study already paid for. The payments have to be done semesterwise.
Apply now Application process and deadlines
We look forward to welcoming you to SRH University Heidelberg very soon.
There are no closing dates for application at our University. This is the application process:
- If you’re interested in our Master’s programme, simply send us your application online.
- If you encounter technical difficulties with the online application or have any questions about your application, your contact person Simin Chen will be happy to help you.
- If you meet the admission requirements, we’ll invite you to a selection interview
- If you pass the selection interview, we’ll send you the acceptance letter and the study contract
- You then sign the study contract and return it to us
- You pay the registration fee
- If you come from a non-EU country, you will pay your tuition fee one semester in advance in addition to the registration fee. From the second semester onwards the payments for the remaining semesters of study are due six weeks before the end of the period of study already paid for.
- We then issue your letter of acceptance
- You take part in our Welcome Days – and then embark on your degree programme!
Please note that special conditions apply to applicants from some countries:
From 1st of November 2022, applicants from India will be required to have their documents verified by the Academic Evaluation Centre New Delhi (APS-India) before applying for a visa. After successful verification you will receive a certificate which allows you to initiate the visa process. Please note that the verification process at APS-India is expected to take approximately 4 weeks. We recommend that you apply for the APS certificate at the same time as you apply to SRH University Heidelberg. For more information, go to the APS-India website: www.aps-india.de
The People’s Republic of China
The procedure of the Academic Evaluation Centre of the Cultural Section at the German Embassy in Bejing (Akademische Prüfstelle – APS) must have been successfully completed before you apply. The centre checks documents for authenticity and conducts interviews. The original APS certificate must be enclosed with the application documents. For more information, go to the APS website at: www.aps.org.cn.
Please note that you don’t need to complete the APS procedure if you apply for our 3+1 programmes.
The Academic Evaluation Centre of the German Embassy in Hanoi has been checking the university entrance qualifications of Vietnamese applicants since 2007. The procedure includes checking the submitted written documents as well as an interview with the applicant. An original copy of proof of successful completion of this process, the APS certificate, must be enclosed with the application documents.