International Management and Leadership
- Master of Arts (M.A.)
- 4 Semesters
- Full time
- 120 ECTS
This degree programme will prepare you for a career in management – anywhere in the world: with an international focus, delivered entirely in English.
- summer and winter semester
- stay abroad
Your course content
What you will learn
Having acquired the key transferable skills required in the labour market, you will be able to act independently and successfully. You will be taught the theoretical foundations of international management, leadership and how to lead intercultural teams. You will also have the opportunity to apply these basic principles during our teaching/learning events and in exchange with our practice partners. You will learn the foundations of strategic management, get an in-depth understanding about leadership (including psychological aspects) and social research (market research), and apply this theory to practical problems.
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
With a clear focus on leadership and the management of international companies and on increasing labour mobility, completing this programme is the perfect way to start your career in a globalised world: in Germany, Europe, or on another continent. The knowledge acquired from an international study programme and the experience gained with your fellow students from all over the world will put you one step ahead of other applicants. If you are keen to implement your business model after graduation, our Founder Institute will support you.
After having successfully completed my Bachelor's at SRH, I enrolled in the International Management and Leadership Master's Degree. I enjoyed the many different courses and my fellow students all from different international backgrounds.
Student Tanmayee about her Master's thesis
I definitely had the opportunity to learn new things here that I didn’t know before. What I particularly appreciate is the motivation and support I received from my superiors, and the extremely interesting and innovative topic I worked on", says Tanmayee Jahagirdar about her Master's thesis at BOSCH in Stuttgart. What the International Management and Leadership Master's student worked on and what makes a good working student, also from BOSCH's point of view, can be read in the blog post written by business administration student Max Rudolf about Tanmayee:"The mindset to grow"
Join the faculties and Admission Office in an online live session about the upcoming semester!Event
For our 13th SRH International Week we are excited to welcome our partners, and their students, back on Campus Heidelberg. Save the date and join us from 8th – 14th October 2023!Event
Curriculum International Management and Leadership (M.A.) Your curriculum
- Strategy 6
- Marketing and Sales Management 8
- Economics of Globalization 6
- Business Research Methods 8
- Elective (e.g. Organizational Behaviour, or Entrepreneurship) 4
- Leadership 10
- Accounting 4
- Financial Management 8
- Operations Management 6
- Study abroad or 29
- Internship 30
- Master's thesis 30
Your lecturers We help you achieve your goals
- An undergraduate degree (with distinction – final grade 2.5 or better) with at least 180 ECTS credits, including a minimum of 40 ECTS credits in business subjects
- A personal interview as part of the selection process
- English language proficiency: IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 80 / Duolingo Certificate 95 / PTE Academics 58, or a comparable test
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
770 EUR per month full-time + one-time registration fee of 750 EUR
Applicants from Non-EEA countries without permanent residence permit need to pay a one-time registration fee of 1,000 EUR and must pay the first year’s tuition fee in advance. From the second year onwards the payments for the remaining years of study have to be made in advance at latest 14 days before the end of the period of study already paid for.
For more information and payment modalities, please refer to the current fee schedule (valid from 01.12.2020).
Application process and deadlines
We look forward to welcoming you to SRH University Heidelberg very soon.
There are no closing dates for application at our University. This is the application process:
- If you’re interested in our Master’s programme, simply send us your application online.
- If you encounter technical difficulties with the online application or have any questions about your application, your contact person Simin Chen will be happy to help you.
- If you meet the admission requirements, we’ll invite you to a selection interview
- If you pass the selection interview, we’ll send you the acceptance letter and the study contract
- You then sign the study contract and return it to us
- You pay the registration fee
- If you come from a non-EU country, you will pay your tuition fee one year in advance in addition to the registration fee. From the second year onwards the payments for the remaining years of study have to be made in advance at latest 14 days before the end of the period of study already paid for.
- We then issue your letter of acceptance
- You take part in our Welcome Days – and then embark on your degree programme!
Please note that special conditions apply to applicants from some countries:
From 1st of November 2022, applicants from India will be required to have their documents verified by the Academic Evaluation Centre New Delhi (APS-India) before applying for a visa. After successful verification you will receive a certificate which allows you to initiate the visa process. Please note that the verification process at APS-India is expected to take approximately 4 weeks. We recommend that you apply for the APS certificate at the same time as you apply to SRH University Heidelberg. For more information, go to the APS-India website: www.aps-india.de
The People’s Republic of China
The procedure of the Academic Evaluation Centre of the Cultural Section at the German Embassy in Bejing (Akademische Prüfstelle – APS) must have been successfully completed before you apply. The centre checks documents for authenticity and conducts interviews. The original APS certificate must be enclosed with the application documents. For more information, go to the APS website at: www.aps.org.cn.
Please note that you don’t need to complete the APS procedure if you apply for our 3+1 programmes.
The Academic Evaluation Centre of the German Embassy in Hanoi has been checking the university entrance qualifications of Vietnamese applicants since 2007. The procedure includes checking the submitted written documents as well as an interview with the applicant. An original copy of proof of successful completion of this process, the APS certificate, must be enclosed with the application documents.