Access to electronic sources
By providing our Digital Library, we offer you access to the University Library’s electronic resources. You gain access to specialist and multidisciplinary databases, interdisciplinary specialist information portals, and electronic full texts (eJournals and eBooks). You can use the Electronic Journals Library to search for electronic journal titles.
For licensing reasons, access is only possible from computers in the university's campus network. However, students and staff of SRH University Heidelberg can also access the library’s electronic media from the comfort of their home using EZProxy. EZProxy is a convenient access solution that does not require the installation of additional software or plugins. The login is simply done with the university ID after selecting the desired research source.
For a comprehensive search of articles from journals and other specialist information, we recommend our databases.
These databases contain specialist information on one or more subjects. Depending on the database, the information is available in the form of full texts (e.g. whole journal articles), bibliographical references (formal information such as the title, author, book, journal, title of article) or facts (statistics, lexical entries).
These databases are not linked to the library’s print collection.
ELECTRONIC MEDIA eJournals
The University Library offers its users a wide range of journals in full text: online editions of print subscriptions, eJournals from licensed databases, and freely available eJournals. The eJournals can be accessed on campus or by remote access (authentication with university ID).
ELECTRONIC MEDIA E-Books
We have several thousand electronic books on offer for you, which you can access from all computers in the university LAN. These are eBooks that the library has purchased or licensed for university members via databases or so-called DFG national licences. You can also access these eBooks from the comfort of your home using EZProxy (authentication with university ID).
E-Books Overview of our eBook offers
- Only members of SRH University Heidelberg are permitted to access full texts.
- The full texts may only be printed or saved for personal use, or for teaching and research purposes. Any commercial reuse is prohibited.
- The systematic downloading of articles or search results, especially using robots, is prohibited. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in access to the publisher’s server being blocked for the entire campus.
- Full texts may not be passed on to third parties in either electronic or printed form.
- Authors’ names and copyright information may not be altered or deleted.