Join the faculties and Admission Office in an online live session about the upcoming semester!Event
German degree programme with an English-language main focus.
International Marketing Management
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- 6 Semesters
- Full time
- on campus
- 180 ECTS
- without NC
- Optional Study Abroad
How do marketers convince consumers about their brand? What practical tools do marketers use? This is your chance to learn proven practice-relevant know-how, and to build new strengths and competencies.
- German / English
- summer and winter semester
Your course content
What you will learn
What are the main challenges faced by marketers, in managing global brands which are marketed in countries all over the world? How do marketers plan their digital and social media campaigns? This course addresses all of the above, and much more, in a structured, sequential study programme. You will complete this course with a broadened and deeper comprehension of how to work effectively in today’s complex and exciting marketing environment, where globalization and digitalization are principal drivers.
The elective "International Marketing Management" consists of the courses "Sales for Marketers" and "Global Marketing & Innovation" with the following main topics:
SALES FOR MARKETERS
You will learn how to analyze your market, perform your own market research project from which you will derive new and significant insights, and you will then use these insights for creating a professional-looking sales brochure. You will also learn and understand what salespeople do and how marketers and salespeople closely collaborate in successful organizations. Additionally, you will learn how to develop well-researched, well-informed, credible and convincing argumentation to support your strategic plans, and this will significantly enhance your presentation skills.
GLOBAL MARKETING AND INNOVATION
You will learn about the roles of globalization and innovation (especially digitalization) in today’s dynamic and fast-moving marketing environment. This intensive and immersive course will provide you with a deeper understanding of how professionals of international marketing identify and manage the multiple challenges faced in their day-to-day jobs. The tasks that you must complete will include: “Think Global, Act Local”; “Briefing an Advertising Agency”; and “Developing a Strategic and Operational Plan for your digital marketing initiatives”. The core programme is supplemented with presentations and workshops with invited expert speakers. You will complete this course with a broadened and deeper comprehension of how to work effectively in today’s complex and exciting marketing environment, where globalization and digitalization are key drivers.
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
After completion of this advanced course in marketing, you are oriented and one step closer to embarking on a rich and fulfilling career in marketing, which offers you a broad spectrum of exciting opportunities. Your solid academic background, combined with the associated practical know-how that you have learned, will help you in tackling the complex real-world challenges that marketers face. In addition to careers in marketing (and/or in sales), career perspectives also encompass strategic management prospects, as well as in consultancy.
Enhance your own career planning:
You can obtain a specialization in marketing and open up your career options in this field (or related fields, such as sales) through studying the elective course in International Marketing Management (16 ECTS), and completing your Internship (24 ECTS) and your bachelor thesis (12 ECTS) also in this field. Accordingly, your field of study will be designated as specializing in „International Marketing Management“ in your final Bachelor Degree Certificate.
The following career paths are among the wide variety of those open to you:
- Product Management
- Brand Management
- Marketing Management
- Digital Marketing Management
- Sales Management
- Marketing Strategist
- Market Research Professional
- Marketing/Business Consultancy
- International/Global Marketing
- Advertising Agency / Marketing Communication Professional
CURRICULUM International Marketing Management (B.A.) Your curriculum
- Business Basics I 6
- Business Basics II 6
- Applied Business Mathematics I 4
- Applied Business Mathematics II 6
- Applied Scientific Work 6
- Accounting 6
- Human Resources and Organization 6
- Introduction to Marketing 6
- Procurement, Production and Logistics 6
- Business Communication I 6
- Business Simulation - Entrepreneurship 4
- Business Communication II 10
- Investment & Financing 6
- Business Law 6
- Applied Statistics 6
- Cost and Performance Accounting 6
- Management Information Systems 6
- Business Enviroment (Economics I) 8
- Accounting & Taxation 6
- Economic Seminar (Economics II) 4
- Strategic Management 8
- Electives or Study Abroad 16
- Internship 8
- Internship 16
- Thesis 12
Your lecturers We help you achieve your goals
You can be admitted to study at SRH University Heidelberg if
- you have a general higher education entrance certificate (Abitur), a subject-specific higher education entrance qualification (fachgebundenes Abitur) or an entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences (Fachhochschulreife),
- you can demonstrate at least two years of vocational training and a minimum of three years’ professional experience, and have passed an aptitude test,
- and you have additionally passed our selection process.
English language proficiency:
- IELTS 6.5
- TOEFL 80
- Duolingo Certificate 95
- PTE Academics 58
- or a comparable test
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
670 EUR per month full-time + one-time registration fee of 750 EUR
Applicants from Non-EEA countries without permanent residence permit need to pay a one-time registration fee of 1,000 EUR and must pay the first year’s tuition fee in advance. From the second year onwards the payments for the remaining years of study are due three months before the end of the period of study already paid for.
For more information and payment modalities, please refer to the current fee schedule (valid from 01.12.2020).
Application process and deadlines
We look forward to welcoming you to SRH University Heidelberg very soon.
There are no closing dates for application at our University. This is the application process:
- If you’re interested in our Bachelor’s programme, simply send us your application online.
- If you encounter technical difficulties with the online application or have any questions about your application, your contact person Jennifer Schneider will be happy to help you.
- If you meet the admission requirements, we’ll invite you to a selection interview
- If you pass the selection interview, we’ll send you the acceptance letter and the study contract
- You then sign the study contract and return it to us
- You pay the registration fee
- If you come from a non-EU country, you will pay your tuition fee one year in advance in addition to the registration fee. Further payments from the second year onwards are due three months before the period of study ends that you have already paid for.
- We then issue your letter of acceptance
- You take part in our Welcome Days – and then embark on your degree programme!