Your course content
What you will learn
Our degree programme International Business offers not only the content comparable to the German bachelor programme but on top provides you with intercultural competences, and precious experiences abroad: Your semester abroad will not only boost your foreign language(s) – for many students it is an experience echoing throughout their whole life. At times, important networks and contacts are built which are valuable for your future career. The integrated semester abroad at one of our partnering universities also offers you a very wide range of interesting topics to specialize in the academic area of your interest, e.g. Strategic Management, Financial Management, Sports Management or HR – and many more.
Nowadays, an international and border-crossing mindset already constitutes an important qualification by its own right, being highly valued on the job market. Students with an understanding of different cultures, a more inclusive mindset and aware of a diverse range of business practices are very much sought-after. Our International Business programme consequently supports this with modules like, e.g.,
- Human Resources Management
- International Accounting
- International Law
- Operations Management
- Internationales Taxation
Students showing an outstanding performance, willing to go the extra mile and with an interest in gaining a second Bachelor degree simultaneous (next to the one at SRH) have the chance to enlist into one of our so-called Dual Degree programmes. Did we catch your attention? Get in touch with us and find out more!
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
By completing this programme, you will acquire the qualifications required to gain a foothold in industrial or service companies, both at home and abroad. You will then be able to work in areas such as human resources, marketing and sales or corporate communications. Alternative career paths include market research institutes, advertising agencies, consultancies, tax and audit firms, banks and insurance companies.
After completing your degree, the whole world will be open to you: as a graduate of the Bachelor’s programme in International Business, you will be internationally mobile and able to deal with the challenges of a globalised economy. Your international use of intercultural and language skills rounds off your profile, making you even more attractive on the job market.
Chat with our students
Do you want first-hand information? Our students are happy to share their experiences with you, tell you about their courses, their projects and student life in Heidelberg.
Curriculum International Business (B.A.) Your curriculum
- Business Administration I 8
- Business Administration II 6
- Human Resources 6
- Marketing 6
- Skills and Tools 6
- Operations Management 6
- International Law 6
- Introduction to Accounting 6
- Applied Business Mathematics 6
- Business Simulation 4
- Macroeconomics 8
- International Accounting 6
- Sales 6
- Cost and Performance Accounting 6
- Microeconomics 4
- Corporate Finance 6
- International Taxation 6
- Management Information Systems 6
- Statistics 6
- Entrepreneurship 4
- Strategic Management 8
- Electives/Study Abroad 16
- Internship 8
- Internship 16
- Thesis 12
Your lecturers We help you achieve your goals
You can be admitted to study at SRH University Heidelberg if
- you have a general higher education entrance certificate (Abitur), a subject-specific higher education entrance qualification (fachgebundenes Abitur) or an entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences (Fachhochschulreife),
- or you can demonstrate at least two years of vocational training and a minimum of three years’ professional experience, and have passed an aptitude test,
- and you have additionally passed our selection process.
English language proficiency:
- IELTS 6.5
- TOEFL 80
- Duolingo Certificate 95
- PTE Academics 58
- or a comparable test
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
670 EUR per month full-time + one-time registration fee of 750 EUR
Applicants from Non-EEA countries without permanent residence permit need to pay a one-time registration fee of 1,000 EUR and must pay the first year’s tuition fee in advance. From the second year onwards the payments for the remaining years of study are due three months before the end of the period of study already paid for.
For more information and payment modalities, please refer to the current fee schedule (valid from 01.12.2020).
Application process and deadlines
We look forward to welcoming you to SRH University Heidelberg very soon.
There are no closing dates for application at our University. This is the application process:
- If you’re interested in our Bachelor’s programme, simply send us your application online.
- If you encounter technical difficulties with the online application or have any questions about your application, your contact person Sarah Grabe will be happy to help you.
- If you meet the admission requirements, we’ll invite you to a selection interview
- If you pass the selection interview, we’ll send you the acceptance letter and the study contract
- You then sign the study contract and return it to us
- You pay the registration fee
- If you come from a non-EU country, you will pay your tuition fee one year in advance in addition to the registration fee. Further payments from the second year onwards are due three months before the period of study ends that you have already paid for.
- We then issue your letter of acceptance
- You take part in our Welcome Days – and then embark on your degree programme!
Please note that special conditions apply to applicants from some countries:
From 1st of November 2022, applicants from India will be required to have their documents verified by the Academic Evaluation Centre New Delhi (APS-India) before applying for a visa. After successful verification you will receive a certificate which allows you to initiate the visa process. Please note that the verification process at APS-India is expected to take approximately 4 weeks. We recommend that you apply for the APS certificate at the same time as you apply to SRH University Heidelberg. For more information, go to the APS-India website: www.aps-india.de
The People’s Republic of China
The procedure of the Academic Evaluation Centre of the Cultural Section at the German Embassy in Bejing (Akademische Prüfstelle – APS) must have been successfully completed before you apply. The centre checks documents for authenticity and conducts interviews. The original APS certificate must be enclosed with the application documents. For more information, go to the APS website at: www.aps.org.cn.
Please note that you don’t need to complete the APS procedure if you apply for our 3+1 programmes.
The Academic Evaluation Centre of the German Embassy in Hanoi has been checking the university entrance qualifications of Vietnamese applicants since 2007. The procedure includes checking the submitted written documents as well as an interview with the applicant. An original copy of proof of successful completion of this process, the APS certificate, must be enclosed with the application documents.