Are you a professor, lecturer, sessional lecturer or research assistant? Then you can apply for funding for a teaching stay at an Erasmus+ partner university. During your stay abroad, you can maintain international contacts as well as gaining valuable professional experience abroad.
Your mobility funding Funding amount 2022/2023
Stays, and therefore funding, are possible at all Erasmus+ partner universities of SRH University Heidelberg. The duration of the guest lectureship is min. 2 max. 14 days per year. Longer stays (of up to 60 days) may also be possible on request. The programme does not cover virtual courses.
The following daily subsistence allowances are paid, depending on the destination country:
- € 180 per day for: Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom
- € 160 per day for: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain
- € 140 per day for: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, FYR Macedonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey.
Increased disturbance allowances for “Green Travel” (Trip by train or bus instead of flight). Additionally up to 4 travel days can be funded if required!
The reimbursement of travel costs for Erasmus+ mobility depends on the travel distances:
- 10-99 km: € 23 travel allowance
- 100-499 km: € 180 travel allowance (210 € for "Green Travel")
- 500-1.999 km: € 275 travel allowance (320 € for "Green Travel")
- 2.000-2.999 km: € 360 travel allowance (410 € for "Green Travel")
- 3.000-3.999 km: € 530 travel allowance (610 € for "Green Travel")
- 4.000-7.999 km: € 820 travel allowance
- 8.000 km und mehr: € 1.500 travel allowance
How to apply Getting your documents ready
Before your guest lectureship (start at least 6 weeks beforehand!)
- Contact your chosen Erasmus+ partner university and establish whether and when your guest lectureship may be possible.
- Tell the International Office of SRH University Heidelberg about your plans
- Seek approval of your planned journey from the President’s Office and your line manager (see guidelines for travel on official business). However, you must organise the actual trip (flight, accommodation, etc.) yourself without funding from Reisebüro Frentzen, because the Erasmus+ funding will be transferred to your private account. If you prefer to book through Reisebüro Frentzen, please notify the Erasmus+ Coordinator, Iris Ulbrich, in which case the fixed travel allowance will remain with SRH University Heidelberg.
- Submit the following documents to the Erasmus+ University Coordinator Iris Ulbrich at least 4 weeks before your planned departure. The Erasmus+ funding will then be transferred within around 2 weeks
- Erasmus+ mobility agreement teaching containing your signature and a signature from the host university; the Erasmus+ Coordinator, Iris Ulbrich, is responsible for signing this agreement at SRH University Heidelberg.
- Erasmus Grant Agreement (grant agreement containing your data)
- Approval from the President’s Office and your dean or line manager
During your guest lectureship
- On the last day of your lectureship, ask someone at the host university to sign the Confirmation Letter Teaching Mobility.
After your guest lectureship
- Submit the Confirmation letter teaching mobility to our Erasmus+ Coordinator Iris Ulbrich.
- Complete the EU Survey (final report) as soon as you receive the request by email.
Please note: Failure to complete the above steps will result in having to return the entire Erasmus grant!
Erasmus und Stipendien