International Research Experience @SRH: Research abroad
Whether it's a master's thesis or a doctorate - at SRH University Heidelberg you can combine your research with international experience and intercultural exchange.
What is the HAW.International scholarship?
With the project „International Research Experience @SRH“ we are expanding the research capabilities and our international network at SRH University Heidelberg. We combine research with intercultural exchange and support the start of your academic career.
As a master's student or doctoral candidate, you will benefit from extensive scholarship opportunities: You can spend up to six months abroad and do research there.
It's your choice - Types of scholarships
There are two types of scholarships:
- Scholarships for master´s students, who would like to write their thesis abroad or do a research internship (duration of stay: max. 6 months)
- Scholarships for doctoral candidates, who would like to undertake a research stay abroad (duration of stay: max. 6 months)
You are studying at SRH University Heidelberg in a Master's full-time program or as a doctoral candidate and meet the requirements listed below? Then we are looking forward to your application!
Go to online application:Apply now!
Good to know: FAQ Requirements, Application, Dates and more
- Enrolment at SRH University Heidelberg in a Master´s program (preference given to architecture, water technology, therapeutic sciences, psychology/neuroscience study programs, but other subjects are also possible)
- OR: Enrolment as a doctoral candidate
- Aim to complete the master's degree/doctorate after the stay abroad at HSHD
- Good command of English (at least B2-level, certificate)
- Applicants may not receive any other funding/scholarship at the same time
Decisive criteria for the awarding of scholarships are:
- Personal motivation of the applicants and added value for their own research project
- Interest in intercultural exchange
- Very good academic performance
- Social commitment within/outside the university
Applications are possible via the online portal. The selection committee will decide on the applications within six weeks after the application deadlines.
- Complete the online questionnaire in the application portal
- Upload the following documents to the application portal:
- Curriculum vitae (tabular)
- Personal letter of motivation (describe your motivation for the scholarship abroad, your interest in intercultural exchange and the added value that the stay abroad would offer for your master’s thesis/doctorate)
- Describe your research project (master´s students: max. 1 DIN A4 page; doctoral candidates: max. 3 DIN A4 pages)
- Transcript of records
- Language certificate at least B2-level (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, PTE Academic or comparable official certificate OR an English Medium Instruction-certificate)
- Within six weeks after the end of the application periods, the selection committee decides on the scholarship award and notifies all applicants.
We offer three application periods per year:
- January 1 to February 1
- May 1 to June 1
- September 1 to October 1
This project is supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) with funds from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).