As a data scientist, you hold a key position to deal with and extract knowledge from large and unstructured datasets.
In the Master’s programme Applied Data Science and Analytics, you will gain in-depth knowledge and an understanding of the complete data science process. You will learn how to apply mathematical,
statistical, analytical, and machine learning/deep learning techniques to gain insights from large and often unstructured datasets.
The data visualization and storytelling part of this programme will enable leveraging the data to reveal valuable insights to the stakeholders for decision making. You will also learn with us in a practice-oriented manner: you will work together with real customers in project-related modules. In addition, you will complete a three-month mandatory internship at a company of your choice, and additionally you can write your master thesis in cooperation with a company. This gives you almost a year of professional experience during your studies.
Having a Master of Science degree in “Applied Data Science and Analytics” and qualification in all layers of data science will give you the best chance across all sectors, including the manufacturing industry, banks, insurance companies, the IT sector, consulting, public or industrial research institutes, the public health sector as well as colleges and universities. Graduates from previous years now work for ABB, Heidelberg Cement, Airbus, Accenture, Adidas, Audi, Bosch, BMW, BASF, Deloitte, Deutsche Börse, DKFZ, PWC, SAP, and Verivox, as well as for successful SMEs. Our programme will also qualify you for a position in the public sector, work in research, and Ph.D. programmes.
Possible fields of Work:
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Data Engineer
- Data Architect
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Deep Learning Expert
- Natural Language Processing Engineer
- Artificial Intelligence Expert
- ETL Developer
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of applied data science.
- Application of analytical techniques and machine learning/deep learning algorithms to solve complex data problems in business.
- The skills you need to leverage data to reveal valuable insights and help customers make important decisions.
- The ability to formulate solutions to technical problems and express them in discourse.
First steps into Case Studies5
Data Analytics 1: Statistics and Machine Learning8
Data Visualization and Storytelling 1: Design Basics2
Big Data Programming 1: Python6
Data Engineering 1: Big Data Databases5
Data Management 1: Data Acquisition and Data Cleaning4
Data Analytics 2: Text Mining and Natural Language Processing7
Data Engineering 2: Big Data Architectures6
Data Visualization and Storytelling 1: Designing Interactive Dashboards5
Privacy, Ethics and International Law6
Case Study 18
Data Management 2: Data Curation and Data Management4
Data Visualization and Storytelling 2: Advanced Data Visualization5
Data Analytics 3: Deep Learning8
Elective Module: Case Study 2 or Internship14
The the degree programme Applied Data Science and Analytics is now also available at our campus in Hamburg. This degree offers you the perfect opportunity to develop your talents in this growing field. Immerse yourself in the fascinating world of data analysis and take the opportunity to gain important insights and skills.
- First degree (i.e. first degree qualifying for a profession) in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analysis, Mathematics, Business Informatics awarded with 180 CPs.
- English Proficiency Proof: The students need to be capable of following an English-language course and understanding English- language professional literature. The proficiency of the English language has to be proven through a passed TOEFL test of at least 80 points, IELTS (6.5), Duolingo (120), MOI (Medium of Instruction letter)
- Knowledge of machine learning, natural language processing, data warehousing, statistics, data management, data mining is desired
- Programming experience with Python, R is a plus
You do not qualify? No problem, SRH has its International College for students who do not qualify for direct entry into our programmes or need to bring up their English language level. You can choose from our Foundation programmes at the College. This is a direct pathway into our university. Find more about here . https://www.srh-international-college.de/
790 EUR per month full-time + one-time registration fee of 750 EUR (Prices apply only to students from the European Economic Area).
Applicants from Non-EEA countries without permanent residence permit need to pay a tuition fee of 6,450 EUR per semester + one-time registration fee of 1,000 EUR and must pay the tuition fees for one semester in advance. From the second semester onwards the payments for the remaining semesters of study are due six weeks before the end of the period of study already paid for. The payments have to be done semesterwise.
- If you’re interested in our Master’s programme, simply send us your application online.
- If you encounter technical difficulties with the online application or have any questions about your application, Simin Chen will be happy to help you.
- If you meet all the requirements, we’ll send you the acceptance letter and the study contract.
- You then sign the study contract and return it to us (applies only to applicants from Germany and the EU).
- You pay the registration fee (applicable to all students) and, in some cases, one semester’s advance payment (applies only to students from non-EU/EEA countries).
- We then issue your final letter of acceptance.
- You take part in our Welcome Days – and then embark on your degree programme!
Please note that special conditions apply to applicants from some countries:
From 1st of November 2022, applicants from India will be required to have their documents verified by the Academic Evaluation Centre New Delhi (APS-India) before applying for a visa. After successful verification you will receive a certificate which allows you to initiate the visa process. Please note that the verification process at APS-India is expected to take approximately 4 weeks. We recommend that you apply for the APS certificate at the same time as you apply to SRH University Heidelberg. For more information, go to the APS-India website: www.aps-india.de
The People’s Republic of China
The procedure of the Academic Evaluation Centre of the Cultural Section at the German Embassy in Bejing (Akademische Prüfstelle – APS) must have been successfully completed before you apply. The centre checks documents for authenticity and conducts interviews. The original APS certificate must be enclosed with the application documents. For more information, go to the APS website at: www.aps.org.cn.
Please note that you don’t need to complete the APS procedure if you apply for our 3+1 programmes.
The Academic Evaluation Centre of the German Embassy in Hanoi has been checking the university entrance qualifications of Vietnamese applicants since 2007. The procedure includes checking the submitted written documents as well as an interview with the applicant. An original copy of proof of successful completion of this process, the APS certificate, must be enclosed with the application documents.