Does the balance of engineering, management and sustainability fascinate you? We train you to perform this essential interface role: for innovative solutions in a global workplace.
Your course content What you will learn
We will teach you management skills: we will give you the tools required to perform strategic decision-making, HR management, and managerial tasks in a company. We will provide you with training in sustainability: you will learn to identify and prioritise energy, economic, ecological and social challenges by considering technical feasibility – and to develop sustainable solutions.
We turn your gaze to the world: from the legal situation in other countries to cultural differences. Develop your intercultural skills and recognise global economic contexts.
Your career prospects Our innovative approach that pays off
You will be well prepared for your future managerial tasks in an innovative and dynamic working environment: after completing this Master’s degree, you will confidently shoulder management tasks in the area of technical and business development. Good language skills and practical experience in Germany and abroad round off your profile.
Ultimately, you will be able to drive projects forward in terms of technology, economy and sustainability: developing, designing and assessing them accordingly.
Curriculum International Business and Engineering (M.Eng.) Your curriculum
Energy and Sustainability16
Modern Technologies and Development8
Engineering Design Project6
The CORE principle Everything revolves around you
We believe that sustainable learning is only possible if there is enough space for experimentation, games and critical thinking. That is why we have completely restructured the classical course of studies.
Based on our proven CORE principle, we have aligned all learning objectives, forms of examination, teaching and learning methods for you, in order to make learning as fun and successful as possible.
Admission requirements Our requirements
Requirements for admission to this Master’s programme:
- A degree in industrial engineering, engineering or management with a final grade of 2.5 or better
- English language proficiency: IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 80 / Duolingo Certificate 120 / PTE Academics 58, or a pass in a comparable aptitude test
When is it necessary to take a preliminary course?
- A degree in industrial engineering qualifies you to start the Master’s programme straight away.
- Graduates who hold an engineering or technical degree will be admitted to the Master’s programme after taking the preliminary business courses:
- Business Essentials I
Business Theory and Research, Business Law, Market Analysis, Marketing and Sales, Business Startup
- Business Essentials II
Business Management, Investment, Finance and Business Mathematics, Human Resources
- Business Essentials I
- A preliminary engineering course for graduates with a degree in economics or business administration qualifies them for admission to the Master’s programme:
- Technical Essentials I
Mathematics, Materials Science, Technical Mechanics
- Technical Essentials II
Design, Materials Science II, Manufacturing, Electrical Engineering
- Technical Essentials I
As a participant, you will earn 30 ECTS credits for each preliminary course, lasting one semester.
Fees and Funding Your tuition fees
770 EUR per month full-time + one-time registration fee of 750 EUR (Prices apply only to students from the European Economic Area).
Applicants from Non-EEA countries without permanent residence permit need to pay a tution fee of 6,450 EUR per semester + one-time registration fee of 1,000 EUR and must pay the tuition fees for one semester in advance. From the second semester onwards the payments for the remaining semesters of study are due six weeks before the end of the period of study already paid for. The payments have to be done semesterwise.
Apply now Application process and deadlines
We look forward to welcoming you to SRH University Heidelberg very soon.
There are no closing dates for application at our University. This is the application process:
- If you’re interested in our Master’s programme, simply send us your application online.
- If you encounter technical difficulties with the online application or have any questions about your application, your contact person Simin Chen will be happy to help you.
- If you meet the admission requirements, we’ll invite you to a selection interview
- If you pass the selection interview, we’ll send you the acceptance letter and the study contract
- You then sign the study contract and return it to us
- You pay the registration fee
- If you come from a non-EU country, you will pay your tuition fee one semester in advance in addition to the registration fee. From the second semester onwards the payments for the remaining semesters of study are due six weeks before the end of the period of study already paid for.
- We then issue your letter of acceptance
- You take part in our Welcome Days – and then embark on your degree programme!
Please note that special conditions apply to applicants from some countries:
From 1st of November 2022, applicants from India will be required to have their documents verified by the Academic Evaluation Centre New Delhi (APS-India) before applying for a visa. After successful verification you will receive a certificate which allows you to initiate the visa process. Please note that the verification process at APS-India is expected to take approximately 4 weeks. We recommend that you apply for the APS certificate at the same time as you apply to SRH University Heidelberg. For more information, go to the APS-India website: www.aps-india.de
The People’s Republic of China
The procedure of the Academic Evaluation Centre of the Cultural Section at the German Embassy in Bejing (Akademische Prüfstelle – APS) must have been successfully completed before you apply. The centre checks documents for authenticity and conducts interviews. The original APS certificate must be enclosed with the application documents. For more information, go to the APS website at: www.aps.org.cn.
Please note that you don’t need to complete the APS procedure if you apply for our 3+1 programmes.
The Academic Evaluation Centre of the German Embassy in Hanoi has been checking the university entrance qualifications of Vietnamese applicants since 2007. The procedure includes checking the submitted written documents as well as an interview with the applicant. An original copy of proof of successful completion of this process, the APS certificate, must be enclosed with the application documents.