Water – essential to us all, yet a key resource for many industries. We prepare you to help tackle one of the biggest technological challenges of our time.
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng.)
- 3 Semesters
- Full time
- 90 ECTS
- summer and winter semester
Your course content What you will learn
The growing world population, climate change, and the intensive use of water in industry, agriculture and the energy sector make sustainable water management an existential task – and these issues are addressed on your degree programme.
We will teach you the key aspects of water technology: fresh water generation, domestic and industrial wastewater treatment, and water as a zero-emission energy source. In addition to focusing on technologies that are established in water-rich countries, we also tackle issues such as seawater desalination, hygiene solutions for developing countries, and water conflict prevention. Find out more about our degree programme and make up your own mind on our Instagram channel!
Your career prospects Our innovative approach that pays off
Sustainable water technology – a goal for your future career: after completing the Master’s programme, you will be able to take on senior engineering and management tasks in the global field of water technology. With core subjects in water quality, water treatment, water reuse, and water power generation, we prepare you for your tasks as an engineer in a global workplace.
Water Technology (M.Eng.) Gain insights from students & professors
Curriculum Water Technology (M.Eng.) Your curriculum
Water Treatment I8
Water Treatment II8
Water Treatment III8
Water as Energy and Waste to Energy8
Water Project – Climate Change Mitigation10
Master's Thesis (including internship in the third semester)26
Your lecturers We help you achieve your goals
Admission requirements Our requirements
- A Bachelor’s or Diplom degree in engineering
- In addition to the final grade, aspects such as professional experience and further training are also taken into account in the assessment
- English language proficiency: IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 80 / Duolingo Certificate 120 / PTE Academics 58, or a comparable test
A technical preliminary course for graduates with a degree from other fields of study provides access to the Master's programme:
- Technical Essentials I - Mathematics, Materials Science, Technical Mechanics
- Technical Essentials II - Design, Materials Science II, Manufacturing, Electrical Engineering
Fees and Funding Your tuition fees
770 EUR per month full-time + one-time registration fee of 750 EUR (Prices apply only to students from the European Economic Area).
Applicants from Non-EEA countries without permanent residence permit need to pay a tuition fee of 6,450 EUR per semester + one-time registration fee of 1,000 EUR and must pay the tuition fees for one semester in advance. From the second semester onwards the payments for the remaining semesters of study are due six weeks before the end of the period of study already paid for. The payments have to be done semesterwise.
For more information and payment modalities, please refer to the current fee schedules (valid from 01.04.2023):
Fees schedule EEA students
Fees schedule non-EEA students
Apply now Application process and deadlines
We look forward to welcoming you to SRH University Heidelberg very soon.
There are no closing dates for application at our University. This is the application process:
- If you’re interested in our Master’s programme, simply send us your application online.
- If you encounter technical difficulties with the online application or have any questions about your application, your contact person Simin Chen will be happy to help you.
- If you meet the admission requirements, we’ll invite you to a selection interview
- If you pass the selection interview, we’ll send you the acceptance letter and the study contract
- You then sign the study contract and return it to us
- You pay the registration fee
- If you come from a non-EU country, you will pay your tuition fee one semester in advance in addition to the registration fee. From the second semester onwards the payments for the remaining semesters of study are due six weeks before the end of the period of study already paid for.
- We then issue your letter of acceptance
- You take part in our Welcome Days – and then embark on your degree programme!
Please note that special conditions apply to applicants from some countries:
From 1st of November 2022, applicants from India will be required to have their documents verified by the Academic Evaluation Centre New Delhi (APS-India) before applying for a visa. After successful verification you will receive a certificate which allows you to initiate the visa process. Please note that the verification process at APS-India is expected to take approximately 4 weeks. We recommend that you apply for the APS certificate at the same time as you apply to SRH University Heidelberg. For more information, go to the APS-India website: www.aps-india.de
The People’s Republic of China
The procedure of the Academic Evaluation Centre of the Cultural Section at the German Embassy in Bejing (Akademische Prüfstelle – APS) must have been successfully completed before you apply. The centre checks documents for authenticity and conducts interviews. The original APS certificate must be enclosed with the application documents. For more information, go to the APS website at: www.aps.org.cn.
Please note that you don’t need to complete the APS procedure if you apply for our 3+1 programmes.
The Academic Evaluation Centre of the German Embassy in Hanoi has been checking the university entrance qualifications of Vietnamese applicants since 2007. The procedure includes checking the submitted written documents as well as an interview with the applicant. An original copy of proof of successful completion of this process, the APS certificate, must be enclosed with the application documents.